One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of manufactured products) not containing chemicals that are destructive to the ozone layer.
environmentally friendly, ecologically sound, environmentally sound, non-polluting, energy-efficient, energy-saving, fuel-efficient, fuel-saving, low-carbonView synonyms
- ‘Although it's possible to retrofit much of this equipment to be serviced with ozone-friendly alternatives, costs can run anywhere from a few hundred to thousands of dollars.’
- ‘HFCs were originally introduced as an ozone-friendly alternative to CFCs; however, they are now recognized as a powerful greenhouse gas, with as much as 4,000 times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide.’
- ‘One of the largest suppliers of hydrofluorocarbons to industry, the company executives presented strategies for maintaining safety, using different channels and coming up with new combinations for ozone-friendly molecules.’
- ‘At first she was disappointed that I was making so much drama over a haircut, but after an hour or so she softened up and went to Wal-Mart, returning with a bag full of ozone-friendly hair products.’
- ‘The new product, HFC - 134a, is regarded as the best ozone-friendly replacement for CFC - 12, which is used in refrigerators, air conditioners, as aerosol propellants and in producing foam plastics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.