One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of manufactured products) not containing chemicals that are destructive to the ozone layer.
environmentally friendly, ecologically sound, environmentally sound, non-polluting, energy-efficient, energy-saving, fuel-efficient, fuel-saving, low-carbonView synonyms
- ‘HFCs were originally introduced as an ozone-friendly alternative to CFCs; however, they are now recognized as a powerful greenhouse gas, with as much as 4,000 times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide.’
- ‘At first she was disappointed that I was making so much drama over a haircut, but after an hour or so she softened up and went to Wal-Mart, returning with a bag full of ozone-friendly hair products.’
- ‘Although it's possible to retrofit much of this equipment to be serviced with ozone-friendly alternatives, costs can run anywhere from a few hundred to thousands of dollars.’
- ‘The new product, HFC - 134a, is regarded as the best ozone-friendly replacement for CFC - 12, which is used in refrigerators, air conditioners, as aerosol propellants and in producing foam plastics.’
- ‘One of the largest suppliers of hydrofluorocarbons to industry, the company executives presented strategies for maintaining safety, using different channels and coming up with new combinations for ozone-friendly molecules.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.