One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Oysters covered with a mixture of spinach, butter, seasonings, and bread crumbs and cooked on the half shell.
- ‘We have one gripe with the place, though; it's oysters Rockefeller, not Rockafeller.’
- ‘Last year the first course was oysters Rockefeller, served in the Homestead Cabin, then we had salmon tartare in mini ice-cream-cone-shaped flutes around a bonfire.’
- ‘Next came a delicious ‘deconstructed’ version of oysters Rockefeller consisting of one poached oyster flavored with a crisp slice of pancetta, on a bed of spinach, watercress, and beurre fondue, all served on a long silver spoon.’
- ‘My only misgiving concerns the oysters Rockefeller.’
- ‘There has almost always been a version of oysters Rockefeller at the River Oaks Grill; once upon a time, they were the best in town.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.