One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area of the seabed used for breeding oysters.
- ‘As a public health precaution, the Department of Marine slapped a ban on shellfish harvesting in the harbour's north channel where two oyster farms are based.’
- ‘Maori say they want to establish and run coastal aquaculture ventures like mussel and oyster farms, but that they have been shut out of coastal space by other operators and local regulators.’
- ‘This former oyster farm next to the tidal road floods twice a day.’
- ‘Mariculture is also a growing sub-sector in Namibia's fisheries, with three oyster farms and one seaweed harvesting enterprises already well established.’
- ‘A 14-hectare oyster farm in Killala Bay will be the centrepiece of a new EU-backed project in which Moy Valley Resources is a partner.’
- ‘Others likely to be hit hard by the sudden closing include the Port Alfred truck stop and a juice manufacturer there, and the Hamburg oyster farm.’
- ‘The gardens, nurseries, orchards, walled garden, arboretum, ice house, oyster farm and barnacle goose sanctuary will all, in time, be revived thoroughly.’
- ‘This includes a fishing trip of Carlingford Lough, seafood cookery demonstration, visit to an oyster farm and seafood dinner.’
- ‘EU funding has been secured for the setting up of an extensive oyster farm in Killala Bay as a means of offering social and economic regeneration in an environmentally sensitive area.’
- ‘HMA Ships Benalla and Shepparton (LCDR Peter Kenshole) are currently surveying a route into Mountnorris Bay that will allow better access to the supply ships which service the local communities and oyster farms.’
oyster farm/ˈoistər färm/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.