One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An antibiotic related to tetracycline, used to treat a variety of bacterial infections.
- ‘More importantly members of tetracycline family (tetracycline, oxytetracycline, doxycycline, and minocycline) were found to be effective against worms.’
- ‘High antibody titres may indicate current or previous tubal infection, and both partners should be treated with an appropriate antibiotic (such as oxytetracycline, erythromycin, azithromycin, or ofloxacin).’
- ‘The antibiotics normally used are oxytetracycline or tetracycline or erythromycin.’
- ‘In the case of the widely used antibiotic oxytetracycline, scientists say around 95 percent of this nonbiodegradable chemical finds its way into the wider environment.’
- ‘The screen also identified four genes that make yeast sensitive to tetracycline and oxytetracycline, which are antibiotics used to treat Lyme disease, pneumonia, acne, bladder infections and ulcers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.