Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tentlike enclosure within which the air supply can be enriched with oxygen to aid a patient's breathing.→ tent
- ‘But can't you achieve a similar effect with an oxygen tent or elevation training?’
- ‘She was placed under an oxygen tent, and Vita stayed by her bedside for days, quietly urging her to breathe.’
- ‘Unless you were actually under an oxygen tent, you could smoke in hospitals.’
- ‘Only 22 years old, he spent his last days under an oxygen tent in a hospital.’
- ‘I do not remember when the oxygen tent encased me; nor, do I remember when it was removed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.