One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tentlike enclosure within which the air supply can be enriched with oxygen to aid a patient's breathing.
- ‘She was placed under an oxygen tent, and Vita stayed by her bedside for days, quietly urging her to breathe.’
- ‘Unless you were actually under an oxygen tent, you could smoke in hospitals.’
- ‘Only 22 years old, he spent his last days under an oxygen tent in a hospital.’
- ‘I do not remember when the oxygen tent encased me; nor, do I remember when it was removed.’
- ‘But can't you achieve a similar effect with an oxygen tent or elevation training?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.