Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An establishment where people pay to inhale pure oxygen for its reputedly therapeutic effects.
- ‘You might even want to do some advanced breathing, like paying a visit to one of those oxygen bars you're always making fun of.’
- ‘The second Maisonneuve Art Show, kicking off Thursday, April 15, promises to be a pleasantly corporeal affair, what with an in-house oxygen bar, free massages and all.’
- ‘There's nowhere to sleep and re-energize quickly in Studio Town, although you can be pampered like a Hollywood star with the many amenities in town including a massage, mud bath, or visit to the local oxygen bar that helps somewhat.’
- ‘Maybe all you need is a shot at the oxygen bar or a brief meditation to get your blood pumping again.’
- ‘‘Joanna, can you put us together a box of all these little things,’ says Cutler, as she tests some vitamin sprays at the oxygen bar.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.