One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Of or denoting welding or cutting techniques using a very hot flame produced by mixing acetylene and oxygen.
- ‘These people cut through the side of the metal store with an oxyacetylene torch.’
- ‘We use the heat produced by the burning of acetylene in the flame of the oxyacetylene torch to make welds.’
- ‘The oxyacetylene torch, for example, produces heat by burning acetylene gas in pure oxygen.’
- ‘The oxyfuel gas welding process uses a flux and either an oxyacetylene or oxyhydrogen gas flame.’
- ‘The success and widespread use of this method in 20th-century sculpture has depended on the invention around 1900 of fusion welding using oxyacetylene welding equipment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.