One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Of or denoting welding or cutting techniques using a very hot flame produced by mixing acetylene and oxygen.
- ‘The success and widespread use of this method in 20th-century sculpture has depended on the invention around 1900 of fusion welding using oxyacetylene welding equipment.’
- ‘We use the heat produced by the burning of acetylene in the flame of the oxyacetylene torch to make welds.’
- ‘The oxyacetylene torch, for example, produces heat by burning acetylene gas in pure oxygen.’
- ‘The oxyfuel gas welding process uses a flux and either an oxyacetylene or oxyhydrogen gas flame.’
- ‘These people cut through the side of the metal store with an oxyacetylene torch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.