One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1‘he took oxy after knee surgery’short for oxycodone
- ‘It was my understanding that grinding your teeth was a side effect of meth, not oxy.’
- ‘When she started feeling ill without the oxy a few weeks later, she found an alternative - heroin.’
- ‘I'm on meth and oxy, which completely cancel one another out!’
- ‘The growing national plague of oxy addictions, overdoses, and deaths was caused by the illegal activity of some doctors, pharmacists, and patients.’
- ‘And he was majorly hooked on oxy, too.’
- 1.1 A tablet of oxycodone.‘they stole some oxys from a pharmacy’
- ‘I remember sitting in someone else's home, a gram of coke lined up before me, two MDMA pills imbibed, an oxy, and several bottles of champagne in the fridge.’
- ‘I'm curious to know if he was on oxys while driving.’
- ‘I'm not cocky, but when i pop oxys, i get a bit obnoxious.’
- ‘I told her take me to the pharmacy, I need Percocets and oxies to distribute to the drugged out mommas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.