One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring the proportion of oxygenated hemoglobin in the blood.
- ‘All patients are equipped with a pulse oximeter for monitoring of percutaneous oxygen saturation.’
- ‘The oximeter constantly measures the amount of oxygen in your blood.’
- ‘Pulse oximeters measure the amount of oxygen dissolved in the blood.’
- ‘We also used a pulse oximeter to measure oxygen saturation of the blood.’
- ‘Current pulse oximeters employ two wavelengths to detect blood oxygenation, as discussed in this report.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.