One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of oxalic acid.
- ‘Among other ingredients, we can mention oxalates and tannin.’
- ‘The reaction of calcium ions with oxalic acid produces an insoluble solid, calcium oxalate.’
- ‘These are usually carbonates and oxalates in limestone environments.’
- ‘Transparent plastic tubes hold an oxalate (chemically related to oxalyl chloride) and a fluorescent dye.’
- ‘Similarly, the contents of alkaloids, tannins, oxalates, glucosides, dicumarins, prussic acid, nitrates or other substances in several weeds used as fodder and grasslands has also increased.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.