One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a house or apartment) used as a dwelling by the owner.
- ‘The council consulted widely about the options for a reliable and efficient heating system with the 400 council properties and 90 owner-occupied properties, but until the announcement this week there was no money.’
- ‘We also have grave concerns relating to the low percentage of residential units which we believe will be owner-occupied.’
- ‘While lending for owner-occupied property fell 3.3 per cent, lending to the investment market dropped 8.8 per cent.’
- ‘The social transformation gathered pace as incomes rose, and by 1991, 52% of dwellings in Scotland were owner-occupied.’
- ‘It can only be achieved through adequate superannuation provisions combined with an owner-occupied home in retirement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.