One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a house or apartment) used as a dwelling by the owner.
- ‘It can only be achieved through adequate superannuation provisions combined with an owner-occupied home in retirement.’
- ‘We also have grave concerns relating to the low percentage of residential units which we believe will be owner-occupied.’
- ‘The council consulted widely about the options for a reliable and efficient heating system with the 400 council properties and 90 owner-occupied properties, but until the announcement this week there was no money.’
- ‘The social transformation gathered pace as incomes rose, and by 1991, 52% of dwellings in Scotland were owner-occupied.’
- ‘While lending for owner-occupied property fell 3.3 per cent, lending to the investment market dropped 8.8 per cent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.