One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who owns the vehicle they drive as a part of their job.‘courier owner-drivers’
- ‘He loves his job as an owner driver, working for a variety of big companies.’
- ‘A white van is often associated with owner-driver delivery contractors.’
- ‘"I'm an owner-driver and I know how hard it is to say no to them when you need the work," he said.’
- ‘He adds that owner drivers are starting behind on costs compared with larger fleets, because they can't run their trucks 24 hours a day.’
- ‘Owner drivers of coaches would make themselves available to drive from point to point.’
- ‘This company's the most notable because they are by far the largest user of owner drivers.’
- ‘He is a former owner-driver who raced for 18 years.’
- ‘This is a true owner-driver limo.’
- ‘He resigned to become a truck owner-driver for four years.’
- ‘The campaign was won, and union membership amongst courier owner drivers has never been higher.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.