One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who owns the vehicle they drive as a part of their job.‘courier owner-drivers’
- ‘A white van is often associated with owner-driver delivery contractors.’
- ‘"I'm an owner-driver and I know how hard it is to say no to them when you need the work," he said.’
- ‘The campaign was won, and union membership amongst courier owner drivers has never been higher.’
- ‘He loves his job as an owner driver, working for a variety of big companies.’
- ‘This is a true owner-driver limo.’
- ‘He is a former owner-driver who raced for 18 years.’
- ‘Owner drivers of coaches would make themselves available to drive from point to point.’
- ‘He resigned to become a truck owner-driver for four years.’
- ‘This company's the most notable because they are by far the largest user of owner drivers.’
- ‘He adds that owner drivers are starting behind on costs compared with larger fleets, because they can't run their trucks 24 hours a day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.