Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for douroucouli
- ‘The owl monkey is monochromatic, seeing only in black and white.’
- ‘The phylogeny of the eight monkeys is relatively well established, except for the interrelationships of the owl monkey, squirrel monkey, and tamarin.’
- ‘Scientists believe the monkeys rub the bugs on their fur to ward off mosquitoes, a behavior documented in capuchin monkeys but never in the nocturnal owl monkeys.’
- ‘Those species were chimpanzee, gorilla, orangutan, gibbon, macaque and owl monkey.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the nocturnal New World owl monkey gets by with just a single kind of photopigment.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.