One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Need to do something to protect one's own interests.‘you owe it to yourself to take care of your body’
- ‘However, hopeless though our problems may seem, we owe it to ourselves to at least attempt to create the kind of history that we want to see.’
- ‘You owe it to yourself and everyone who loves you.’
- ‘And Alberta owes it to itself, to its future citizens, and to like-minded people in the rest of the country to save itself.’
- ‘And we darn sure pay the price. We owe it to ourselves and everything we hold dear to see past the propaganda.’
- ‘Anyone unfamiliar with those horrific events owes it to himself or herself to find out more.’
- ‘You owe it to yourself and to thousands of other people whose lives could be saved.’
- ‘The ‘Personal Information Economy’ is fast becoming a reality, and we owe it to ourselves to protect it as best we can.’
- ‘We owe it to ourselves and to future generations to make the best of it.’
- ‘We owe it to ourselves and future generations to stick with that proven path to success.’
- ‘Any commentator owes it to themselves to at the very least to read this book.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.