One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Roman poet Ovid or his works.‘Ovidian tales of the loves of the gods’
- ‘Both his early narrative poems are based on Ovidian sources.’
- ‘Ancient depictions of Marsyas show the satyr at one of three moments in the Ovidian narrative.’
- ‘The frame with the Ovidian inscription was lost at some time between 1700 and 1842.’
- ‘He analyzes the painting as an illustration of the Ovidian myth and relates it to other pictorial and textual interpretations.’
- ‘Shakespeare was most Ovidian at the beginning and the end of his career.’
- ‘An Ovidian transformation is happening in my hard-to-reach teenager.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.