Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Think about (something) too much or for too long.‘must you overthink every relationship?’[no object] ‘he doesn't make snap decisions, but he doesn't overthink either’
- ‘That is further proof the team lacks a fearsome defender… The coaching staff appears to overthink situations.’
- ‘Often smart people tend be more passive because they over-think things.’
- ‘The switch seemed to cause Carey to overthink his assignments.’
- ‘My therapist thinks I over think things.’
- ‘Rosa says I am too smart for my own good and that I tend to over think things.’
- ‘Don't try to force them or overthink them; just let them flow.’
- ‘Don't overthink this, I said to myself, my head starting to spin.’
- ‘Then one night, relaxing in front of the television, I realized I was overthinking the matter.’
- ‘I think you may be overthinking this one a bit, Eric.’
- ‘This year we looked for music that I can feel comfortable with and tell a story which helps me not to over think my elements.’
- ‘And he didn't try to combine elements or overthink the cartoon.’
- ‘However, I do get frustrated by what I would call an epidemic of overthinking everything.’
- ‘Try to be as true to your opinion as possible and don't over think it.’
- ‘No, now he was over thinking things.’
- ‘I try not to over think the questions.’
- ‘Portia laments how foolish all of her suitors are, trying to over think the puzzle.’
- ‘This latest feature is a good example of the dangers of over-thinking a problem.’
- ‘I wouldn't overthink this one; just pick what you like.’
- ‘But sometimes we need a gentle reminder not to overthink our music.’
- ‘And, like others have said, don't overthink - just enjoy!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.