One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Stored for too long a period.‘an overstored apple’
- ‘Brown, mealy flesh, occurring in overmature, overstored fruit.’
- ‘Overstored fruits can develop a deep yellow colour that makes them appear old.’
2Supplied with more retail stores than the market demands.‘just at a time when this area is already overstored’
- ‘Every metro area is overstored. The amount of retail space per person in the U.S. has ballooned 450 percent since 1970.’
- ‘‘The U.S. is way ‘overstored’ in general,’ says the senior vice president at a retail-consulting firm.’
- ‘We aren't overstored, we're under-marketed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.