Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Stored for too long a period.‘an overstored apple’
- ‘Overstored fruits can develop a deep yellow colour that makes them appear old.’
- ‘Brown, mealy flesh, occurring in overmature, overstored fruit.’
2Supplied with more retail stores than the market demands.‘just at a time when this area is already overstored’
- ‘We aren't overstored, we're under-marketed.’
- ‘Every metro area is overstored. The amount of retail space per person in the U.S. has ballooned 450 percent since 1970.’
- ‘‘The U.S. is way ‘overstored’ in general,’ says the senior vice president at a retail-consulting firm.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.