One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Stored for too long a period.‘an overstored apple’
- ‘Overstored fruits can develop a deep yellow colour that makes them appear old.’
- ‘Brown, mealy flesh, occurring in overmature, overstored fruit.’
2Supplied with more retail stores than the market demands.‘just at a time when this area is already overstored’
- ‘We aren't overstored, we're under-marketed.’
- ‘‘The U.S. is way ‘overstored’ in general,’ says the senior vice president at a retail-consulting firm.’
- ‘Every metro area is overstored. The amount of retail space per person in the U.S. has ballooned 450 percent since 1970.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.