One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stitch made over an edge or over another stitch.
- ‘Finish the edges of the mat, using an overstitch.’
- ‘In standard duvets and pillows the fabric may be stitched together on the outside using an overstitch.’
Sew with an overstitch.
- ‘Large cotton throw block printed and fully overstitched by hand.’
- ‘This set of two mats is decorated with a traditional overstitched Mongolian design.’
- ‘It can be used for hems and also to overstitch other seams.’
- ‘Overstitching the fly facing to the trouser topside, so as to secure the lining jointly therewith.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.