A stitch made over an edge or over another stitch.
- ‘Finish the edges of the mat, using an overstitch.’
- ‘In standard duvets and pillows the fabric may be stitched together on the outside using an overstitch.’
Sew with an overstitch.
- ‘Large cotton throw block printed and fully overstitched by hand.’
- ‘Overstitching the fly facing to the trouser topside, so as to secure the lining jointly therewith.’
- ‘This set of two mats is decorated with a traditional overstitched Mongolian design.’
- ‘It can be used for hems and also to overstitch other seams.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.