One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excess paint or other liquid which spreads or blows beyond an area being sprayed.
- ‘Use caution to avoid getting overspray on other material due to the risk of staining.’
- ‘Scheduling this occurrence on a Saturday turned out to be a good plan because, despite all efforts to keep the spray in the ceilings, overspray did occur.’
- ‘On arrival in a home the first thing Brendan does is clean off the old bath and mask the surrounding areas to ensure there is no overspray.’
- ‘Place a drop cloth below or adjacent to the fence to catch debris and paint drips or overspray.’
- ‘In addition, it works well for cleaning paint equipment, including brushes, and overspray on everything.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.