One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excess paint or other liquid which spreads or blows beyond an area being sprayed.
- ‘Use caution to avoid getting overspray on other material due to the risk of staining.’
- ‘On arrival in a home the first thing Brendan does is clean off the old bath and mask the surrounding areas to ensure there is no overspray.’
- ‘Place a drop cloth below or adjacent to the fence to catch debris and paint drips or overspray.’
- ‘In addition, it works well for cleaning paint equipment, including brushes, and overspray on everything.’
- ‘Scheduling this occurrence on a Saturday turned out to be a good plan because, despite all efforts to keep the spray in the ceilings, overspray did occur.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.