One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sew (the edges of something) with every stitch passing over the join.‘oversew the two long edges together’
- ‘For patients with recurrent pneumothorax, surgery to remove, oversew, or staple any residual blebs may be indicated.’
- ‘The majority of operations described involved cutting the Fallopian tube and oversewing the cut end so that it was hidden.’
- ‘However, it is possible that it may occur simply as a result of oversewing a bowel segment at the time of anastomosis.’
- ‘This lesion was oversewn with a felt-buttoned 4-0 Prolene suture, leading to complete termination of bleeding.’
- ‘The patient's chest was opened within five minutes, multiple units of blood were transfused, the hole was oversewn and the patient's blood pressure was stabilized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.