One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She was getting tired of her friends' overprotectiveness.’
- ‘The impact of stress can result in family dysfunction manifested by excessive worry, denial, and noncompliance, anxiety about parenting and discipline, and overprotectiveness.’
- ‘‘You make it sound like I'm in danger,’ she stated, suddenly irritated by his overprotectiveness.’
- ‘I think the conditions of the working class just make it harder for the parents to enforce the kind of overprotectiveness we think of as adding to ‘childhood innocence.’’
- ‘There was a history of destructive conflict between the school staff and Elaine, whom teachers saw as an uncooperative and hostile parent whose overprotectiveness was handicapping Mary educationally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.