One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The impact of stress can result in family dysfunction manifested by excessive worry, denial, and noncompliance, anxiety about parenting and discipline, and overprotectiveness.’
- ‘There was a history of destructive conflict between the school staff and Elaine, whom teachers saw as an uncooperative and hostile parent whose overprotectiveness was handicapping Mary educationally.’
- ‘I think the conditions of the working class just make it harder for the parents to enforce the kind of overprotectiveness we think of as adding to ‘childhood innocence.’’
- ‘‘You make it sound like I'm in danger,’ she stated, suddenly irritated by his overprotectiveness.’
- ‘She was getting tired of her friends' overprotectiveness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.