One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Containing more alcohol than proof spirit does.‘overproof rum’
- ‘The locals tend to drink white overproof rums and it is well worth joining them.’
- ‘If you don't need the alcoholic kick of an overproof rum, this one - with its clean mellow fruited taste - makes an ideal drink: straight over ice, for cocktails and with a mixer.’
- ‘The best part of weathering a storm in Carriacou is the sedating Jack Iron overproof rum.’
- ‘Beware the free sample described as ‘slightly overproof’: it'll clear your sinuses, perhaps permanently.’
- ‘I loved the howling winds and horizontal sleet, especially once I'd reached the Station Hotel in Prahran when they made their own overproof beers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.