One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Worse, the sweet and sour sauce was overpoweringly sweet.’
- ‘We've used a lot of malt in this brew so it's overpoweringly malty at this stage.’
- ‘The air was a bit musty in here, but not overpoweringly so.’
- ‘Television advertising is overpoweringly loud and often trite and tasteless, particularly those awful ads for motorcars.’
- ‘There were plenty of lamb chops, liberally but not overpoweringly garnished with rosemary, which was an effective touch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.