One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small bag or case in which to pack personal belongings for an overnight trip or stay.‘he packed an overnight bag’
- ‘I can pack an overnight bag in ten minutes.’
- ‘"I'm going out of town for a few days," Jamie muttered, throwing clothes into an overnight bag.’
- ‘UN staff were banned from all movement across the country and told to keep an overnight bag ready in case of evacuation.’
- ‘When I got home I found my wife had packed an overnight bag for us.’
- ‘I grabbed an overnight bag and my passport and hurtled out the door to Stansted!’
- ‘The guy found it odd that I only had an overnight bag.’
- ‘His family doctor had urgently arranged for an ambulance to take him to hospital, telling him to pack an overnight bag after he complained of severe chest pains.’
- ‘We threw together an overnight bag for the two of us, loaded up the car, dropped Scooter off at doggie daycare, and started the trek to Connecticut.’
- ‘She threw a few things into an overnight bag, grabbed up her purse, and followed Jerry out of her apartment.’
- ‘There's nothing worse than living out of an overnight bag.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.