One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These overlordships might then be held together by the same means.’
- ‘Although English kings traditionally claimed an overall supremacy here, they had done little to transform that ill-defined overlordship into lasting military and administrative control.’
- ‘Events in Greece during Alexander's Asian expedition show how closely the history of the Greek city-state under Macedonian overlordship related to the history of the classical city-state.’
- ‘His overlordship sprouted a swiftly waxing arrogance that denied any superior.’
- ‘In the mid-1960s, Czechoslovakia experienced a sudden liberalisation of the arts despite Soviet overlordship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.