One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A camshaft mounted above the cylinder block of an internal combustion engine.‘the unit has double overhead camshafts’
- ‘The overhead camshafts are hollow to reduce weight.’
- ‘The single overhead camshaft drives a four-valves-per-cylinder system.’
- ‘The vehicle is powered by a twin overhead-camshaft 3.0-litre diesel turbo engine.’
- ‘The engines had twin overhead camshafts which were gear driven.’
- ‘This innovative water pump is driven directly off one of the overhead camshafts.’
- ‘Each cylinder features two valves, operated by followers running on an overhead camshaft controlling the charge cycle.’
- ‘The engines cannot have overhead camshafts or more than two valves per cylinder.’
- ‘The three petrol engines are all double overhead camshaft four-cylinder units.’
- ‘It beats a dual overhead camshaft design in terms of torque and power for a heavy-duty truck.’
- ‘This very famous sports car began its life with a 34-year-old six-cylinder overhead camshaft engine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.