One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area providing additional space in which to leave vehicles if the main parking lot is full.‘the zoo had to use three of its four overflow parking lots’
- ‘An overflow parking lot will open at 9:30 a.m.’
- ‘They would continue to leave its overflow parking lot open to trail users during daylight hours.’
- ‘We find the overflow parking lot at the end of a leafy street with what looks like brand new condos along the way.’
- ‘For much of the late twentieth century, the library used the area as an overflow parking lot.’
- ‘The area was frequently used as an overflow parking lot for municipal vehicles.’
- ‘The regular parking lots were full, but the roadside signage was very clear, directing us to the overflow parking lot.’
- ‘The main parking lot was completely full, forcing the use of an overflow parking lot.’
- ‘Workers were forced to set up picket lines in a remote overflow parking lot.’
- ‘It's great that they have an overflow parking lot across the street.’
- ‘The rash of break-ins happened in the overflow parking lot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.