One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area providing additional space in which to leave vehicles if the main parking lot is full.‘talks are underway about overflow car parks if required’
- ‘Three double decker buses will run every 20 minutes between an overflow car park and the auction mart.’
- ‘We were late, and were directed to an overflow car park in a field, full of potholes and cowpats.’
- ‘The intention was to convert the ground floor of a house into a farm shop, replace and enlarge the garden centre and coffee shop, and landscape an overflow car park.’
- ‘The proposed new venue is currently used as an overflow car park.’
- ‘The projected redevelopment could mean the end of the overflow car park at holiday times.’
- ‘Last year the main car park was closed off in the early morning and now the same will apply to the overflow car park.’
- ‘On the best day for the weather, they spilled over into an overflow car park.’
- ‘"We couldn't believe how many people came, we had to use two overflow car parks to get everyone in," he said.’
- ‘We cannot afford to lose this valuable and well-used overflow car park.’
- ‘The overflow car park was rammed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.