One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Pearson and Bonneville convey less pleasant characters with quiet conviction, yet even these performances cannot hide the overfamiliarity.’
- ‘Industry insiders suggest a mixture of greed, overexpansion and simple overfamiliarity has knocked the shine from certain formerly invincible megabrands.’
- ‘If there was anything that depressed him about younger literary scholars it was their overfamiliarity with ‘theory’ at the expense of the art of close textual reading.’
- ‘It is perhaps due to overfamiliarity that I find the metaphor unenlightening.’
- ‘I hate that overfamiliarity between the generations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.