One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Because the airways are heterogeneously narrowed, the less involved parts of the lungs may undergo regional overextension when exposed to high inflation pressures and rupture.’
- ‘But the fear of general overextension appears, if the survey results are right, to be a fear of other peoples' credit habits as opposed to self-evaluation for the majority of credit card users.’
- ‘They explicitly stated in their majority opinion that this decision could not be used to set a precedent based on their ridiculous overextension of the due-process clause in the 14th amendment.’
- ‘This optimism contributes to the underestimation of risk, overextension of credit, excessive increases in asset prices, overinvestment in physical capital and, in some cases, overly buoyant consumer expenditures.’
- ‘In 1872, Supreme Court Justice Stephen Field, aware of the rages of inflation, attempted to block an unconstitutional overextension of powers by the Bank of the United States.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.