One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He has one hand on the controls, one eye on the track ahead and is sharing a laugh over his shoulder with an overenthusiastic train buff.’
- ‘When he's finally handed the case of his life, he runs at it like an overenthusiastic puppy, hitting every cliché of the cop movie head on and failing at every single one.’
- ‘The majority of lines are delivered as though in a vacuum, by overenthusiastic children's TV presenters.’
- ‘Expect all the personal touches and attention to detail you get when staying with particularly hospitable friends, but none of the intrusion you get when staying with overenthusiastic ones.’
- ‘The knocking gesture was exaggerated, like an overenthusiastic mime in slow motion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.