Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- past and past participle of overbuy
Overvalued owing to excessive buying at unjustifiably high prices.‘a healthy correction to an overbought market’
- ‘Rather than playing the fool's game of trying to predict an exact market top, do the sensible thing and short the stocks when TRIN falls below its overbought level - a negative reversal is near.’
- ‘A large positive risk-reversal number implies an overbought situation, while a large negative risk-reversal number implies an oversold situation.’
- ‘Many traders use them primarily to determine overbought and oversold levels, selling when price touches the upper Bollinger band and buying when it hits the lower Bollinger band.’
- ‘If the RSI rises above 80, it may be indicating an overbought condition, which is a sell signal; below 20 it may be indicating an oversold stock, indicating a buy signal.’
- ‘The technical sell-off of that oversold market had started four or five months earlier, when the markets were clearly in an overbought condition.’
- ‘The second condition we need is of course an overbought market.’
- ‘In the early stages of a new trend, these indicators can stay in the overbought part of the scale for a very long time, particularly at the start of a new bull market.’
- ‘First off, the 20-day price channels on top of the price action allow you to follow the overbought and oversold positions of this chart.’
- ‘And with bullion short-term overbought and approaching $450, the $450 level would appear to be a decent resting area.’
- ‘At the bottom of the chart, the RSI, on a scale of 0-100, indicates that the overbought position is at 70 and the oversold position is at 30.’
- ‘The supply line is the top line of the triangle and represents the overbought side of the market, when investors are going out taking profits with them.’
- ‘In any extreme situation investors forget to be selective, and this is common to overbought and oversold markets.’
- ‘Buy signals are indicated when the oscillator advances from oversold levels to positive levels, and, conversely, sell signals are indicated by declines from overbought to negative territory.’
- ‘When it is used as an oscillator, a positive value indicates an overbought market while a negative value indicates an oversold market.’
- ‘In summary, the means by which traders can filter out most bad trades involves an intimate knowledge of overbought and oversold conditions.’
- ‘The display is formatted so it better shows the overbought and oversold situations of this issue.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.