One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessive in quantity.‘overabundant microbial growth’
- ‘A significant number of works in the exhibition are video pieces, and several of these focus on the supposedly over-abundant wealth and consumerism in the US.’
- ‘But we will be the first to admit that things are going to look seductively encouraging as long as liquidity remains so cheap and over-abundant.’
- ‘Will arrangements be put in place to collect the over-abundant rubbish during the Christmas festivities?’
- ‘The image is sharper than the theatrical cut, but suffers from over-abundant haloing as a result.’
- ‘The over-abundant cheerfulness seemed to have stemmed from that time.’
- ‘Factors like human ignition and over-abundant fuel supply resulting from years of fire suppression come into question - and even global warming on a broader scale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.