One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Over an extended period of time.
- ‘If the content was not good, I wouldn't have paid attention to the covers over the long haul, no matter how clever they were.’
- ‘An unusual amount of caution is leading businesses to press workers and facilities to a greater degree than can be sustained over the long haul.’
- ‘Look, what really matters is how people are going to see his policies over the long haul.’
- ‘The recovery efforts will be slowed a bit, but we're in this over the long haul, and we're going to recover.’
- ‘Indeed, without a good business it would be impossible for a newspaper to do good journalism over the long haul.’
- ‘He still has a terrific message that he could win over the long haul.’
- ‘A little bit everyday does more, over the long haul, than the Weekend Warrior thing.’
- ‘Although there are a number of ground rules that must be followed to ensure the best chance for success, the paradigm is one that can be supported over the long haul.’
- ‘Indeed, over the long haul, it's likely to result in failure if that's all we do.’
- ‘Numerous African countries have put their faith and trust in the United States to support this initiative over the long haul.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.