One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sequence of six balls bowled by a bowler from one end of the pitch.
- ‘In the Indian first innings, he bowled just six overs at a cost of 32 runs.’
- ‘His first eight overs yielded just 10 runs and included four wickets.’
- ‘As on Saturday, play went on late because Worcestershire bowled their overs so slowly.’
- ‘At that stage, scoring at eight runs an over appeared to be a fantastic display.’
- ‘He would bowl six overs, take wickets and get taken off because he was so unfit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.