One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chemical substance used for cleaning ovens.‘the bleach and oven cleaner in your kitchen cupboards are hazardous’count noun ‘clean the inside of the oven with an oven cleaner’
- ‘Oven cleaners work by converting built up grease into soap that can then be dissolved and wiped off with a wet sponge.’
- ‘Solvents of various kinds are in widespread use throughout many households, in the form of stain removers, oven cleaners, etc.’
- ‘Baking soda and water makes a great oven cleaner.’
- ‘Two of the more common household products containing sodium hydroxide are drain cleaners and oven cleaners.’
- ‘It's important to avoid conventional oven cleaners; they contain lye and ammonia, which can damage your respiratory tract if inhaled.’
- ‘Commercial oven cleaners are helpful if ovens are very soiled, but they should be used with caution.’
- ‘A good, easy-to-use stove or oven cleaner can make these essential chores more palatable.’
- ‘Many stove or oven cleaners produce less toxic fumes than earlier versions.’
- ‘Hazardous materials are included in some products used in the home, including paint, varnish, paint thinner, and oven cleaners.’
- ‘Never use chemical oven cleaners in a self-cleaning oven.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.