One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chemical substance used for cleaning ovens.‘the bleach and oven cleaner in your kitchen cupboards are hazardous’count noun ‘clean the inside of the oven with an oven cleaner’
- ‘Baking soda and water makes a great oven cleaner.’
- ‘Two of the more common household products containing sodium hydroxide are drain cleaners and oven cleaners.’
- ‘Hazardous materials are included in some products used in the home, including paint, varnish, paint thinner, and oven cleaners.’
- ‘It's important to avoid conventional oven cleaners; they contain lye and ammonia, which can damage your respiratory tract if inhaled.’
- ‘Commercial oven cleaners are helpful if ovens are very soiled, but they should be used with caution.’
- ‘A good, easy-to-use stove or oven cleaner can make these essential chores more palatable.’
- ‘Never use chemical oven cleaners in a self-cleaning oven.’
- ‘Oven cleaners work by converting built up grease into soap that can then be dissolved and wiped off with a wet sponge.’
- ‘Many stove or oven cleaners produce less toxic fumes than earlier versions.’
- ‘Solvents of various kinds are in widespread use throughout many households, in the form of stain removers, oven cleaners, etc.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.