One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See outsider art
- ‘A part of his compromise with the art system has involved incorporating some traits of the outsider artist's type of career.’
- ‘The outsider artist essentially wants to fulfil him or herself, and will just go for it against all the odds.’
- ‘In balancing the positions of the art school graduate on the one hand and the outsider artist on the other, Chiplis has given the art system a kind of tithe.’
- ‘There is a naivete and strangeness about them, almost as if they were the works of an eccentric outsider artist who never made that big trip to the Big City.’
- ‘Yet, Sesow, who calls himself an outsider artist, avoids the art crowd.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.