One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Shout louder than.‘each team tried to outshout the other’
- ‘In a match that was far from a classic, the United players showed true grit while their magnificent fans often outshouted the larger number of Celtic supporters.’
- ‘They were superb at Notts County last week and we want them to try and outshout the Swansea supporters.’
- ‘We can only fool ourselves so long and then only by shrilly outshouting that voice inside.’
- ‘My gut feeling usually outshouts reason, and sometimes it's right.’
- ‘With the aid of their drummers and buglers, they outshouted the visiting fans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.