One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something that flows out.
outflow, outrush, rush, flood, deluge, discharge, issue, spurt, jet, cascade, stream, torrent, gush, outburst, flow, flux, welling, leakage, escape, drain, drainage, outflux, emanation, effluence, effluent, effusionView synonyms
- ‘Will the cash crisis force the axing of a team, leading to an even greater outflowing of player talent?’
- ‘Who would have realised that his ideas would have a lasting influence from their prodigious outflowing in the 1920s right down to the twenty-first century?’
- ‘It has a freedom and light in it that allows for a great fluency of speech and outflowing of compassion toward the lost.’
- ‘Because the Christian's ideal concern is not immediate and selfish goals, his life can become an outflowing of help for others.’
- ‘She encouraged people to start donating to MSF after the tsunami, and discovered an outflowing of support.’
- ‘The work sounds like a free, Romantic outflowing, even when the central Adagio doubles back on its tail halfway through.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.