Something that flows out.
outflow, outflowing, outrush, rush, flood, deluge, discharge, issue, spurt, jet, cascade, stream, torrent, gush, outburst, flow, flux, welling, leakage, escape, drain, drainage, outflux, emanation, effluence, effluent, effusionView synonyms
- ‘Will the cash crisis force the axing of a team, leading to an even greater outflowing of player talent?’
- ‘Who would have realised that his ideas would have a lasting influence from their prodigious outflowing in the 1920s right down to the twenty-first century?’
- ‘It has a freedom and light in it that allows for a great fluency of speech and outflowing of compassion toward the lost.’
- ‘She encouraged people to start donating to MSF after the tsunami, and discovered an outflowing of support.’
- ‘Because the Christian's ideal concern is not immediate and selfish goals, his life can become an outflowing of help for others.’
- ‘The work sounds like a free, Romantic outflowing, even when the central Adagio doubles back on its tail halfway through.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.