One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who spends a lot of time outdoors or doing outdoor activities.
- ‘He's an active outdoorsman, a hunter, and a fisherman.’
- ‘The reward was to have a native outdoorsmen for 24 hours.’
- ‘An outdoorsman was lost in the woods sometime this last winter, and the forest service couldn't find him.’
- ‘This is the market's only water-bottle water purifier - and easily the most convenient water-cleaning device for on-the-go outdoorsmen like trail runners, mountain bikers, and speed hikers.’
- ‘You know, those guys weren't outdoorsmen, they were gentlemen who would never have gotten past Labrador but for the native people.’
- ‘Thanks to this, there is an impressive record of otherwise hardy outdoorsmen who have abandoned their climbs, although always for no particular reason.’
- ‘He's also seen a steady increase in what he calls the ‘pure boater,’ not just the outdoorsmen and women who happen to boat because they fish.’
- ‘He is an outdoorsman; he understands this on a very real, personal level.’
- ‘I found our guide to be of an interesting breed - a bartender at a local saloon and an experienced outdoorsman.’
- ‘In contrast to the walking or autocamping literature, none of these handbooks sought to teach outdoorsmen how to pass through wilderness as a visitor.’
- ‘He rediscovered the outdoorsman trapped inside of him and revelled in long nature walks and going to the beach.’
- ‘The club is a loosely formed group of people including everyone from avid outdoorsmen to kids who just want something outdoorsy to do.’
- ‘An avid outdoorsman, he established the city's first full-service parks and recreation department, with a community center and programs for senior citizens and children.’
- ‘Hard-to-please boaters and outdoorsmen are notorious for already having every cool gadget, which makes them difficult to shop for.’
- ‘The heart of the evening is when the outdoorsmen and women assemble in his trophy room for a couple of hours of storytelling.’
- ‘The latest offering has become very popular for hunters and outdoorsmen who spend a lot of time in bad weather.’
- ‘Their compactness and convenience is appealing, but for pure handiness and rough and ready durability, the fixed-blade sheath knife is still king and the choice of most seasoned outdoorsmen.’
- ‘But gun owners and outdoorsmen in Ohio still aren't buying it.’
- ‘Then I realized that seasoned outdoorsmen probably don't assume that every seal they see has a shark lurking just beneath.’
- ‘What happened to these climbers left an indelible mark on an entire generation of outdoorsmen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.