One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Outdo or overcome in talking or argumentation.‘whether you get ten years or go free can depend on whether your counsel can out-talk the other man's’
- ‘We are perfectly capable of out-talking anybody in Scotland when it comes to having a chat.’
- ‘On a less serious note Janet says: ‘He's one of the few people I've met who can out-talk me.’’
- ‘They believe that if he is another suitor to Bianca, he will out-talk the rest of them.’
- ‘‘Well, you'll always be able to out-talk me,’ Ms Grant said.’
- ‘It looked like they were all trying to out-talk the others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.