Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A surgical operation to restore or enhance the appearance of an ear or the ears.
- ‘After six months without glue, the skin had healed, and we performed a limited otoplasty recreating his absent antihelical fold.’
- ‘The most common treatment for prominent ears is an operation called pinnaplasty - also known as an otoplasty or ‘ear pinning’ operation.’
- ‘It took six months for his severe skin reaction to heal before surgeons could perform a limited otoplasty on the young man.’
- ‘Most otoplasty procedures can be done on an outpatient basis.’
- ‘Other procedures available are otoplasty (ear correction), rhinoplasty, liposculpture, penile enhancement and face, neck and brow lifts to name but a few.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.