The study of the anatomy and diseases of the ear.
- ‘He served in the Royal Army Medical Corps in India and Germany and then studied laryngology and otology at the Royal Ear, Nose, and Throat Hospital in London.’
- ‘He was a skilled surgeon and had varied experience in all branches of otolaryngology, mainly otology and neck surgery.’
- ‘Five sections then follow, focusing on laryngology, rhinology, otology, orofacial and lower airway surgery.’
- ‘There are three common types of lasers used in otology.’
- ‘Its mission then was to provide funding, especially to help well-trained younger otology researchers gain recognition in the research community for further funding access.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.