One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of three small oval calcareous bodies in the inner ear of vertebrates, involved in sensing gravity and movement.
- ‘Growth data from otoliths indicate that sneakers and nesting males represent separate life histories.’
- ‘Like the inner ear in humans, the otolith plays a role in hearing and balance.’
- ‘The macular neuromast organs bear otoliths, as described above.’
- ‘All teeth and otoliths were identified to species.’
- ‘All of the identifiable teeth and otoliths from the samples were identified and depth ranges were assigned to each taxon based on the known depths of living counterparts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.