One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounthe other woman
The lover of a married or similarly attached man.
boyfriend, girlfriend, man friend, woman friend, lady friend, lady-love, beau, loved one, beloved, love, darling, sweetheartView synonyms
- ‘They had both two-timed her, and then married the other woman in both cases.’
- ‘I could tell this other woman meant nothing to Robert and was just a shoulder for him to cry on.’
- ‘She could not tell what he was seeing in her, but at last he turned to the other woman.’
- ‘Sure she had love on her side, but this other woman had an unfathomably long history on hers.’
- ‘Their son was in the home and the child of the other woman was there as well.’
- ‘The baby he's having with the other woman will be married before he fesses up.’
- ‘Are you afraid your boyfriend will find some other woman more attractive than you?’
- ‘His dad left his family when the other woman came to calling and left his mom to raise six kids and work.’
- ‘I loved how there was only one other woman in his life besides me, and that was his mom.’
- ‘Do I believe him when he says there's nothing going on between him and this other woman?’
- ‘It showed that men are more willing to straddle two boats if the other woman doesn't demand a divorce.’
- ‘You want him to stop seeing the other woman, but she may want you to do the same.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.