One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounthe other woman
The lover of a married or similarly attached man.
boyfriend, girlfriend, man friend, woman friend, lady friend, lady-love, beau, loved one, beloved, love, darling, sweetheartView synonyms
- ‘It showed that men are more willing to straddle two boats if the other woman doesn't demand a divorce.’
- ‘Their son was in the home and the child of the other woman was there as well.’
- ‘I loved how there was only one other woman in his life besides me, and that was his mom.’
- ‘His dad left his family when the other woman came to calling and left his mom to raise six kids and work.’
- ‘The baby he's having with the other woman will be married before he fesses up.’
- ‘She could not tell what he was seeing in her, but at last he turned to the other woman.’
- ‘They had both two-timed her, and then married the other woman in both cases.’
- ‘Are you afraid your boyfriend will find some other woman more attractive than you?’
- ‘Do I believe him when he says there's nothing going on between him and this other woman?’
- ‘Sure she had love on her side, but this other woman had an unfathomably long history on hers.’
- ‘You want him to stop seeing the other woman, but she may want you to do the same.’
- ‘I could tell this other woman meant nothing to Robert and was just a shoulder for him to cry on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.