One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The main presenting symptoms were otalgia, sensation of blocked ears, hearing loss, otorrhoea and pruritis.’
- ‘In our study, the main presenting symptoms were otalgia and sensation of blockage.’
- ‘They were advised to use antibiotics if their child had severe otalgia or fever after 72 hours or if discharge lasted for 10 days or more.’
- ‘Patients with external otitis complain of otalgia and sensitivity to auricular movement.’
- ‘They studied children brought to family physicians in southern England with acute otalgia.’
Mid 17th century: from Greek ōtalgia, from ous, ōt- ‘ear’ + algos ‘pain’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.