Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An artificial opening in an organ of the body, created during an operation such as a colostomy, ileostomy, or gastrostomy; a stoma.
- ‘In time, you will gain confidence in managing your ostomy during sexual activity.’
- ‘Creation of an ostomy can be a lifesaving experience for a patient.’
- ‘The patient must be able to see and reach the site to manage the ostomy.’
- ‘Choose a position for sexual intercourse that protects your ostomy.’
- ‘Have you undergone surgery that included the creation of an ostomy?’
1950s: from colostomy, ileostomy, etc..
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.