One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The death of bone tissue.
- ‘It is unclear in this patient which of the possible factors contributed to the pathogenesis of osteonecrosis.’
- ‘Spontaneous osteonecrosis may occur in patients with risk factors such as alcoholism or chronic corticosteroid use.’
- ‘The incidence of osteonecrosis or avascular necrosis has fallen as a result of new advances in immunosuppression and lower corticosteroid regimens.’
- ‘Investigators at the National Institutes of Health have demonstrated that a disabling bone disorder, osteonecrosis of the hip, is surprisingly common among patients with HIV infection.’
- ‘The scan revealed osteonecrosis involving the lateral aspect of the medial femoral condyle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.