One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the structure and function of the skeleton and bony structures.
- ‘The book probes the limits of forensic osteology and examines both successes and failures.’
- ‘It is clear however that the human skeleton is unlike that of any other animal and this uniqueness is exploited in the science of osteology, where recognition of ‘human’ plays a vital role.’
- ‘In 1880 he completed a Ph.D. in osteology and vertebrate paleontology at Yale.’
- ‘Instead, this will be one of those tiresome housekeeping sessions on the fine points of osteology.’
- ‘This attention actually relates to the developmental molecular biology of the pituitary, rather than to osteology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.