The study of the structure and function of the skeleton and bony structures.
- ‘Instead, this will be one of those tiresome housekeeping sessions on the fine points of osteology.’
- ‘It is clear however that the human skeleton is unlike that of any other animal and this uniqueness is exploited in the science of osteology, where recognition of ‘human’ plays a vital role.’
- ‘The book probes the limits of forensic osteology and examines both successes and failures.’
- ‘In 1880 he completed a Ph.D. in osteology and vertebrate paleontology at Yale.’
- ‘This attention actually relates to the developmental molecular biology of the pituitary, rather than to osteology.’