One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The formation of bone.
- ‘Stimulation of osteogenesis leading to bone repair, as in patients with large bone defects, fracture non-unions, and incomplete allograft consolidation, is clinically desirable for early healing and restoration of function.’
- ‘Inflammation is a necessary step in the healing of normal body tissues, and osteoblasts specifically require prostaglandins for osteogenesis and differentiation.’
- ‘Platelet concentrates also have the potential to improve fracture healing and enhance osteogenesis.’
- ‘As a consequence, the mineralized septa providing the scaffold for bone deposition cannot be formed, and osteogenesis itself is severely disturbed.’
- ‘Although both groups exhibit very similar chondrogenic patterns of the tarsus, only the amphibian pattern is preserved through osteogenesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.